At Kupu Kupu Jimbaran Rooftop Suites and Spa, guests can enjoy a real culinary experience thanks to its four restaurant and the different specialties that they propose.
Topeng Restaurant offers a Balinese Fine dining menu while Chocolate Café diversifies its dishes by proposing pastries, Asian and Western cuisine.
For a more relaxed atmosphere, Jimbaran Beach Club is the perfect setting. Its Mediterranean influenced dishes can be savored directly on the beach or during a romantic candle light dinner under the stars.
Last but not least, Oishi Tei offers the best of Japanese food made with the freshest ingredients.
Today our pastry chef Mr. Mustika shares the recipe of one of the most famous Balinese dessert:
Jaja Batun Bedil / Sticky Rice Cake in Brown Sugar Sauce
- Sticky Rice Flour 400 g
- Cake Flour 50 g
- Salt 1 g
- Vanilla essence 5 ml
- Warm Water 300 ml
Brown Sugar Sauce:
- Water 700 ml
- Palm Sugar 350 g
- Salt 2 g
- Coconut Milk 300 ml
- Mix all the dough ingredients together until you get the right sticky dough.
- Shape the dough into small balls (approximately2g/piece).
- Boil the balls into water for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the brown sugar ingredients together in pan. Stir until you get a consistent sauce
- It’s ready! Serve the sticky rice balls with brown sugar sauce on the top. A tip? Add some fresh grated coconut on top of it. Enjoy your dessert!
You can also taste this dessert by trying our traditional “Balinese Rijstaffel” menu (below picture) at Topeng Restaurant.
For more information or booking please call +62 361 703 342 or visit